Don't be selfish! Share.

Web Informer Button

Sunday, May 17, 2009

M.S / M.B.A.

It has been an interesting last week.

It started with the workshop we were to hold for bariatric surgery. Monday and Tuesday were the designated days but the action was unfolding about a week before that where we were busy trying to set everything up well.

I was up to my ears in work, which included printing, designing, artwork, writing, proofreading, logistics, etc. etc. Basically anything but medicine; that part was thankfully handled by my colleagues...Mrs. Motivator and Mr. Gottogo. To be honest, if I had to do both I would have probably faltered somewhere. Although I enjoyed doing all the extracurricular work, it did get me thinking. Maybe I should get up from my lazy fat cushy backside and do what I know I can if I try hard enough. Get an M.B.A.

Being in the interactive information superhighway era that we are in now, I decided to put up my ambitions on everyone's favourite social networking site. The response was startling albeit pleasing. Firstly, I never expected so many people to read what I wrote, thereby reinforcing the fact that facebooking can be dangerous. Secondly, I was astonished at how many people thought I could actually do it. Thirdly, I began to realise that even though I may be good at doing things when they're to be done just for the heck of it, doing it in the form of a syllabus could be beyond my reach as I don't react well to guidelines!

As of now the idea remains just that....an Idea! Maybe I should act on it; maybe I should concentrate on one thing at a time...who knows?

On the lighter side, I finally have a name for our nutritionist that she herself provided me by doing things in the way only she can. From this day forward, she has been christened as "Mandakani"

Anyone who needs reasons for the above must get off their lazy fat cushy backsides and either comment here and ask or make that dreaded phonecall that we all say we will make but never do!

Hopefully by the time I write my next post we shall know where the management question has reached. Till then....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good to see the blogs back...but more than anything else i likt the ad that pops up in between and the name mandakini...

Popular Posts