Don't be selfish! Share.

Web Informer Button

Friday, April 10, 2009

My Parents don't love me....

Now that I'm at HH I expected a bunch of nice interesting cases to write about but Mumbai is too full of stupid people for them to be only interesting. So, this one is interesting but its even funnier.

This young guy comes into the casualty, full hero type, walking in with one hand holding the other forearm and proudly announces that he has cut his hand.
We take him onto the minor ot table and open his dressings to find out that he has 'very cleverly' managed to slice through his forearm muscle into an artery that fountains like the hot springs of varanasi!

Questioning reveals that he cut his hand because nobody loves him and he is fed up and his parents don't care for him...as told to the police. Now, people who know me will understand that I don't take this bullcrap as being true at any given point of time and there has to be another reason for stupidity in teenagers...most likely girls. I put on my rudest, meanest tone of voice and ask him flat out, "When did you fight with your girlfriend?" He proceeds to deny it, I ask him again, he denies again, I proceed to give him an injection real hard and ask him again. Out it comes, half hour ago, at a prominent centrally located park in the city, close to the hospital.

He says he loves her but she is scared of her parents, he says he had sex with her, wants to marry her(no she's not pregnant), but her parents won't allow it. He begs me not to tell his parents. My junior is sitting there with her jaw hanging down not believing this could be done because of a girl. Well, we manage to patch him up, his dad arrives, we don't tell him much other than that the boy needs a psychiatrist for his uncontrollable emotions.

Bottom line - Guys, if you want to cut yourself for a woman at least do it right! Don't just slice out some skin, go for the throat and at least make it more interesting.

1 comment:

Simran said...

I remember you telling me about this one! Teens today... tche tche!

Popular Posts