Don't be selfish! Share.

Web Informer Button

Monday, March 26, 2007

Alternative Medicine? Boon or Bust!

I know there are a lot of supporters for homeopathy and ayurveda but there is a time and place for everything.

This patient who came to the casualty on sat. had been transferred from a pvt hosp with all investigations done with a diagnosis of multiple liver abscesses. Now the thing with this is that one person had reported them as abscesses and the other as cancer spread.

The lady got admitted and as things would have it she got a little better but she started getting jaundice. Now this could be because of hepatitis, hepatocellular failure (liver failure)or the cancer spreading.

Some godforsaken well wishers told her that jaundice can be definetely cured with some ayurvedic medicine available in her village.

This morning she decided to take a discharge against medical advice and go there to get ayurvedic treatment.

The problem is that if this is a cancer there is nothing that ayurveda, homeopathy or even allopathy can do to cure it. What ppl must understand is that there are many causes of jaundice and some can be cured easily and others can't. Generally viral jaundice will clear in two weeks even without treatment and that sometimes is attributed to a miracle cure to alternative medicine because they give it for 15 days.

I have no problem with alternative medicine but please think about this lady who will probably die of cancer spread in two months where she could have lived for upto 2 years with the proper supportive medical treatment. So, I'm not exactly sure if I can be satisfied with my knowledge of healing if I can't break through traditional belief's that friends and relatives will give better advice than you're Doctor!

This might be a little more clear to medicos but I will be happy to answer questions if they do come up from non-medicos!

6 comments:

برند said...

I could not resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

آموزش CATIA said...

This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the amazing works guysCATIA آموزش

کولر گازی said...

کولر گازی Thanks for another great post. Where else could anybody get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing?

بلوک aac said...

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i am satisfied to exhibit that I’ve a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I so much undoubtedly will make sure to don¡¦t fail to remember this website and give it a glance on a continuing basi Bye
بلوک aac

مانتو مجلسی said...

I really liked your blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Great.
مانتو مجلسی

کفش said...

I love looking through a post that can make men and women think. Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!کفش

Popular Posts